[adtools] Re: Introduction of me...

  • From: Jocke Birging <jocke.birging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:57:53 +0100

On 2005-12-06, Gunther Nikl wrote:

>> The one in gg binutils (2.14) always gives some error code when it's
>> done.
>
>   I have no idea what "gg binutils (2.14)" might be. GG never had anything
>   newer than 2.9.1. I am curious about that version. Where did you get it
>   from? AFAICT, the cross-compiler article on UtilityBase had sources for
>   a 2.14 binutils but that was an older/pre adtools version (it has an
>   AmigaOS build string in its configure and had only minor differences
>   to the adtools version from before my commits).

Ah, my mistake, sorry, I got it from here:

http://developer.acggbg.org/amigadev/Cross-compiling

The links don't work anymore, though.

>   You used sources from Martin Bloms site? AFAICT thats a pretty old
>   version. MOS itself shall use something newer with AltiVec patches
>   from Motorola/FreeScale.
>   I am not interested in patched sources. I believe its enough to provide
>   the patchset. That doesn't require much space.

Yes, I did, but now that you say so, I haven't been able to get that gcc yet. I
was speaking to morgoth and got some beta sources of binutils 2.13.1, but the
ld-scripts are wrong in that one, according to him. I'll ask him again...

>> What I find really disturbing with the MOS sources tho, is that once
>> I've built them, I can't make them build a second time, needing to
>> delete and repatch and all that. Not a very nice solution, if you ask
>> me. It might be me, not sure why it happens.
>
>   How do you build? Are you using a separate build directory? What error
>   do you get?

Separrate dir, yes. The first error I get is from dummy.c can't find some files
(off the top of my head here). There were more errors later on though...

Regards,
Jocke 'Zerohero' Birging

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools