[adtools] Re: Introduction of me...

  • From: Gunther Nikl <gni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:17:09 +0100

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 05:33:58PM +0100, Jocke Birging wrote:
> On 2005-12-05, Gunther Nikl wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 02:21:44PM +0100, Jocke Birging wrote:
> >> http://www.zerohero.se/cross/index.html for the interested.
>
> >    - what problem did you have with m68k-amigaos-strip?
>
> The one in gg binutils (2.14) always gives some error code when it's
> done.

  I have no idea what "gg binutils (2.14)" might be. GG never had anything
  newer than 2.9.1. I am curious about that version. Where did you get it
  from? AFAICT, the cross-compiler article on UtilityBase had sources for
  a 2.14 binutils but that was an older/pre adtools version (it has an
  AmigaOS build string in its configure and had only minor differences
  to the adtools version from before my commits).

> >    - why are the MOS sources only available on request? Is there
> >      something special about them?
>
> Hosting the sources would waste too much space, all the other sources
> are available elsewhere. I guess I could point to Martin Blom's sources
> for this one, but I made a few changes to them...

  You used sources from Martin Bloms site? AFAICT thats a pretty old
  version. MOS itself shall use something newer with AltiVec patches
  from Motorola/FreeScale.
  I am not interested in patched sources. I believe its enough to provide
  the patchset. That doesn't require much space.

> What I find really disturbing with the MOS sources tho, is that once
> I've built them, I can't make them build a second time, needing to
> delete and repatch and all that. Not a very nice solution, if you ask
> me. It might be me, not sure why it happens.

  How do you build? Are you using a separate build directory? What error
  do you get?

  Gunther

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value
 - Jamie Zawinski