[adaptivetec] Possible Screen saver Problem

  • From: "Mike and Lori Castner" <mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:24:00 -0700

Hi, Everyone,

We have a Linova laptop computer which is running Window Eyes and which has
recently been repaired.  When we leave the computer for a while without
pressing any keys, we hear a tone, the speech stops, and pressing a key does
not reactivate the system.  Normally, I understand that when a screensaver
comes up it is just necessary to press a key to get the speech back.  Does this
sound like a screen saver issue; if so is there something we need to
deactivate?  If not, does anyone have another diagnosis?  It is necessary to
push the button to turn off the computer and reboot it again.  The computer is
plugged in, so it is not a battery problem.

At the moment, we do not have someone to read our screen but thought we might
be able to get an answer to this problem without waiting for that assistance.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lori Castner