[adaptivetec] Re: Possible Screen saver Problem

  • From: Shen <goalball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:16:51 -0700

Hello Lori,
OK, there are several ways to get to the Display properties.

If you have the Windows XP start menu, meaning that you have the "My Documents" and "My Computer" icons in the start menu, first open start menu, then simply press the letter C until you hear "Control Panel."
Press enter on that, and then press "D" until you hear "Display."
Press enter on that and you will be at the "Display" properties page.

If you have the classic start menu, then open start menu, press "S" for "Settings," press enter to open that, and then enter again on "Control Panel."
Press "D" for "Display" and enter to open it.

You can also get to the "Display" page from the desktop.
Go to the desktop, make sure Window-Eyes says "no selected item."
If any icon is selected, press control-space to unselect that.
Next, press shift-F10, then arrow up once and you should hear "properties."
Press enter on that.
Use control-shift-T to read the title bar to make sure it says "display properties."

Follow the steps I had outlined yesterday to uncheck the password protect check box and hopefully that will take care of your problem.

hth
Shen