[adaptivetec] Re: Accessing the AT&T Websites

  • From: "Steven Clark" <sclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:54:10 -0700

Hi Lori,

I don't have enough time for a detailed reply, but if you can figure out how to
do the things below it might help.  If you can't figure out what I'm talking
about let me know and I'll try to give a more detailed replay later.

1. Make sure your web-mail setting is set to basic view.  AT&T typically uses
Yahoo mail and the standard Yahoo screens don't work well with screen readers.
I don't know the exact steps but the find the settings link, open the general
page and their should be a radio button to set Yahoo mail to basic.  Basic
doesn't really take away any features.  Instead it uses text instead of images
for some buttons.

1. Have you tried Firefox?  Download and install the latest version of Firefox
and see if that helps.  If that fixes the problem, then you're having an issue
with Internet Explorer.  If you want to use IE, you probably  need to downgrade
to an earlier version.  See 3 below.

3. Are you using Jaws or Window-Eyes?  If you are using Jaws, which version?
What version of Internet Explorer are you using?  Any version of Jaws before 15
has problems with check boxes in IE 10 and 11.  Window-Eyes could also have
issues with IE 11, but I'm not as familiar with it.  You could downgrade IE to
version 9 which may solve your problem.  To downgrade, open control panel, open
programs and features, tab to the View Installed Updates link, tab to the
updates list, find Windows Internet Explorer, Shift tab to the bar, right arrow
to uninstall and press enter.  Windows will un-install the version you have and
revert to the version that was installed before.  Sometimes it goes back 1
version, sometimes more.  If it uninstalls 11 and gives you 10, test to see if
the problem is gone.  If not, uninstall 10 and test again.

Let me know if you need more help.

Stev

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [adaptivetec] Re: Accessing the
AT&T Websites
From: "Mike and Lori Castner" <mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/29/14 2:50 pm
To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The problem is that the AT&T server is sending various emails to a spam
 folder even though I have safe sender for name and domains. To get the email
 to the inbox on the server so that they will be downloaded to Outlook my
 email client, I have to check a box before the name of the sender. I can no
 longer just space on the box to check it; I have to use the mouse cursor and
 it takes four steps for checking each box. I can't check all the boxes for
 the emails I want to remove spam marking and move to the inbox; I can check
 only one at a time then press the "Not spam" button.
 I can't find any settings option on the AT&T website.
 The AT&T supervisor was going to take remote control of the screen to change
 the spam blocking settings, but the button I needed to select for her to do
 that was not accessible, and believe me I searched the whole screen. I told
 her, "You see, your site is not accessible; this kind of thing is the
 problem." She said she would write up the problem, but I know how that goes.

 Lori