[adaptivetec] Re: protected word and excel files

  • From: "Steven Clark" <sclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:09:45 -0700

David, there are three settings for protected view that you can turn off.
Maybe try turning them all off and see if the problem goes away.  Then you can
turn on just the ones you want.  The three settings are:

Enable Protected View for files originating from the internet
Enable Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations
Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments.

To change the settings, Press Alt F, T
Down arrow to Trust Center,
Press Tab to Trust Center Settings... Button and press Enter
Down arrow to Protected View.
Tab to the first of three check boxes. Uncheck them all.
Tab to the Ok Button and press Enter
Tab to the OK Button again and press Enter.

Not try opening files and see what happens.

Steve

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [adaptivetec] Re: protected word
and excel files
From: "David Hoffman" <davidhoffman1965@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/27/14 8:30 pm
To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Thanks Kathy.
 I have another way of doing something that rids the file of its protected
status - your way may be faster so that does help.

 What I am really hoping for is a way to change the settings so I only get
protected files when I first download them and notwhen I make copies of them on
my own hard drive or change the name of them on my own hard drive