accessible-iOS Re: accessible pedometer app?

  • From: "RobH." <bobsh51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 06:53:22 +0100

I think Myway Lite would do it too.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2013 1:06 AM
Subject: accessible-iOS Re: accessible pedometer app?

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have said that I'm hoping for a
gps-enabled app, since my step length can vary significantly and so counting
steps would not be an accurate way to measure my distance walked. I found
one called Map My Walk which seems to be what I was hoping for, though I
have not yet tried it on an actual walk. The interface could be better, but
it seems useable so far. I welcome any other suggestions anyone has.
On Sep 6, 2013, at 7:00 PM, Jewel <herekittykat2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 6, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> To track my guide dog's exercise to see why he's not losing the weight he
>> should, I need to see how long each of our walks is. I'm not counting
>> indoor travel, and I know where I am so don't need a full gps guidance
>> app. I just want something that I can start, then have it run, preferably
>> while my phone is locked, and will tell me how far I went when I stop it.
>> Obviously, I need it to be accessible, and the simpler the better. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions, or at least apps to avoid? I'll check
>> www.applevis.com, of course, but I wanted to get your thoughts as well.
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
>> mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx

>> list please email the list admin to: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on
>> skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221

>> accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject
>> line.

>> //www.freelists.org/list/accessible-iosI found a app called A+ voice
>> pedometer. It is 0.99 and appears very accessible. Your vet or school has
>> probably told you about how much your dog should walk each day. When you
>> open this app, you can set it to tell you when you have walked how ever
>> far you want to go. If you do not want to have an alarm go off, you can
>> press the button at the bottom. The screen that comes up shows your
>> distance in different lengths, such as steps and miles. At the bottom are
>> adjustable settings for step length and sensitivity.
> Hope that helps,
> Jewel With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
> discussed on list please email the list admin to:
> beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter: betoa221
>
> To subscribe to the list send message to
> accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the subject line.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx