[accessible-android] Re: android phones with talkback

  • From: "Judy Jones" <jtj1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:13:13 -0600

Hi, Kate,

TalkBack is on all Android phones. Any store selling them should let you go in and try one before purchasing. I, myself, had an iPhone about a year ago, and got frustrated with it. However, the Android is a much better experience. I found TalkBack to be more straightforward, have tried Spiel andMobile Accessibility and like TalkBack the best. I have used it with an Avail2, Optimus G2, and now Galaxy S4. The launcher I use did cost but is well worth it - EqualEyes. However, several out there are using Nova or Apex. However, I've found the Android home screen accessible as well, I just like the format of EqualEyes better.

If you do come over to Android, though, you won't be sorry. After my iPhone experience and Apple's micro-management and nickel and diming, I used an old Symbian phone until the hardware gave out. I was determined not to go with an iPhone again, but have been pleasantly surprised with Android.

Am glad you have found the list.

Judy

-----Original Message----- From: kate andrekson
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:32 PM
To: Android list
Subject: [accessible-android] android phones with talkback

Hi list,
My name is Kate Andrekson.  I am a new member.  I am completely
blind.
I curently have an iphone 5 with voiceover, and I'm trying to
decide what phone should get next.  So I'm wondering which
android phone are compatible with TalkBack.
I also want to know your opinions.  Is TalkBack a good screen
reader for someone with no vision at all? I want to try and put
my money in the right place this time.  I'm really starting to
think that buying my iphone 5 was a big mistake.
Thanks
Kate
To contact the list admin with questions, issues, or request concerning the list please email: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter on betoa221

To contact the list admin with questions, issues, or request concerning the
list please email: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx or on skype at betoa221, or on
twitter on betoa221

To subscribe to the list send a message with subscribe on the subject line to:
accessible-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe from the list please send message with unsubscribe in the
subject line to accessible-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx