[access-uk] Re: when I tried to run Regscrub XP to remove those Freedom Scientific products MSN turned up on my system. Why should this be?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:04:07 +0100

Hi Steve,

It is not that I have something against the USA, the issue is that if I am in the UK I want to not make the same mistake I did with diskeeper.

With that program, I ended up purchasing from the USA site not realising I could click a button and land on a site that was in the UK.

The point is, if I am going to purchase online, I want to make sure there is not a UK site for the purchase of a product prior to purchasing it from the USA, as in the case of Diskeeper, I had to send a copy of my purchase to the support team in the UK so that they were aware that I had purchased it, as they said I could not obtain support from them without them having proof of purchase, and even then, I had to re-download diskeeper from a link that the UK support team provided, and reregister it, and I don't want to have to do this with registry mechanic.

Alexander Shannon