[access-uk] Re: problems with my laptop computer, sluggish video, memory and disk performance

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:41:55 +0100

Did your spyware tests come back all clear as it sounds like something some nasty spyware could do.

At 13:40 11/04/2009, you wrote:
Hi Carol.

Thanks for your advice. I'm steadily working through my system with a fine tooth comb, removing unnecessary start-up and service entries to see if I can get a better performance. Its possible something is interfering with the performance tests, so I'm going to get some benchmarking software to do local tests in safe mode to try and isolate the problem. For me, its not so much sorting out the problem that is the issue here, its trying to find out what the problem is I need to solve *smile*. As for your suggestion re the bios, the bios in my machine is extremely simplistic it being a phoenix note bios so there isn't much that can be changed, however I'll avail myself of sighted assistance when I have the opportunity and go through it option by option.

All the best, Ibrahim.