[access-uk] Re: jaws authorisation on netbook again

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:08:35 +0000

I agree and as people will know from this list I an no expert. You all know so
much. I just can't believe all your collective knowledge.
Eleanor

From: Damon <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:46:40 PM
Subject: [access-uk] jaws authorisation on netbook again

Hi there. Thanks for previous thoughts on this but it seems I am still
unable to authorise my copy of jaws on my new Samsung NC10.

I so far deliberately haven't taken advantage of the Mcafee offer and the
mcafee window remains open.

I've tapped my 20 character jaws code into the correct edit field and I'm
being told 'please wait'. Though it warns me it may take several minutes, 10
minutes go past without any change. So I guess that I haven't connected with
the Freedom Scientific servers and certainly the project is not registered
yet.

Note that I've not had a mcafee window popup to tell me that jaws wants
access to the internet. And I've had my jaws updated today to make sure I
have enough lives left.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Also, weirdly, I can't ever seem to close down the jaws activation window
with an alt f4.

I understand there is a way of having an email sent that will authorise jaws
for me. Does anyone know anything about this? Will it need to access the
freedom scientific servers because this seems a bhit of an issue for me.

Thanks v much. Oh and this is the first ever email sent by netbook from me.
How exciting!

...Damon

Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes
Link to Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 09:47:47 PM GMT on Tuesday, January 06, 2009