[access-uk] Re: jaws authorisation on netbook again

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:09:53 -0000

Actually this is definitely not true.  The person who kindly set up my
machine installed and activated JAWS for me while McAfee was still on
the machine.  I then removed McAfee and put on AVG 8.0 Free, and have
not encountered any problems with JAWS.

Jackie Cairns
Braille Support Adviser
Email: jackie.cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road
Moulton Park
Northampton
NN3 6WD
Tel: 01604 798024
Fax: 01604 798090
Web: www.sightandsound.co.uk

From: Damon <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:46:40 PM
Subject: [access-uk] jaws authorisation on netbook again

Hi there. Thanks for previous thoughts on this but it seems I am still
unable to authorise my copy of jaws on my new Samsung NC10.

I so far deliberately haven't taken advantage of the Mcafee offer and
the mcafee window remains open.

I've tapped my 20 character jaws code into the correct edit field and
I'm being told 'please wait'. Though it warns me it may take several
minutes, 10 minutes go past without any change. So I guess that I
haven't connected with the Freedom Scientific servers and certainly the
project is not registered yet.

Note that I've not had a mcafee window popup to tell me that jaws wants
access to the internet. And I've had my jaws updated today to make sure
I have enough lives left.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Also, weirdly, I can't ever seem to close down the jaws activation
window with an alt f4.

I understand there is a way of having an email sent that will authorise
jaws for me. Does anyone know anything about this? Will it need to
access the freedom scientific servers because this seems a bhit of an
issue for me.

Thanks v much. Oh and this is the first ever email sent by netbook from
me.
How exciting!

...Damon

Check out my radio and TeamTalk server! http://www.jls-radio.com
--
James Scholes

E-mail: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: jamesscholes@xxxxxxx
AIM: JamesScholes000
Skype: james.scholes
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jamesscholes
Find me on Facebook! Username: jamesscholes Link to Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1375965156&hiq=jamesscholes
Last.FM Profile: http://www.last.fm/user/jamesscholes000
Message sent at 09:47:47 PM GMT on Tuesday, January 06, 2009