[access-uk] Re: installing scanner software

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:52:41 -0000

Hi George.

Oh dear, I know for a fact that as Cannon's drivers meet with WHQL certification from Microsoft, the driver should have been installed automatically. I can only assume this is a one off as my scanner installed perfectly without a hitch.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: George Bell
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:59 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: installing scanner software

Sorry, Ibrahim, but it is a dangerous assumption that "plug and play" will always work. As I have this past week discovered.

I purchased a Canon Pixma MX925 which is a low cost ink jet, and not far short of the only ink jet printer I could find which prints direct on to CDs and DVDs.

According to the "Quick Start" guide, I just plugged it in and off it went. And accordingly, the last thing shown on the guide was to use the enclosed CD to set it up.

Well, as I discovered after a call to Canon, I should really have installed the drivers from their CD first.

George.

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahimGucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 23 January 2015 2.22 pm

Hi John.

It will depend.  If your computer is connected to the internet and the
scanner is relatively modern, "kWindows may be able to install the
drivers automatically for you.  If you have the installation CD, you
can run the install application which will ask you during setup to
plug the scanner in.

All the best, Ibrahim.