[access-uk] Re: guide from software express

  • From: "Phil" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:14:50 +0100

Hi Graham.

Theres a lot of products available in relation to assisitive software. I
would like to think that Guide creates a friendly and easy to use
environment and allows the user to do the majority of computer related
tasks in an easy and trouble free manner.

Setting up an outlook express account within windows could seem daunting
to some users but within guide you can setup an email account quite
easily. There are numerous help pages incase you get confused and help
on hand by phone, email, remote support if need be.

The whole idea was to create this comfortable operating zone instead of
the world of windows which can get confusing for new computer users.

If you think in comparison how much a full copy of microsoft office
would cost you, and then a screenreader to assist with this. Then who
would you turn to for technical support or tuition?

Guide uses a lot of microsoft key commands and such as it is compatible
with a lot of microsoft applications, eg word, notepad, works. The word
processor works in a similar way also. You can save to microsoft word
and import other files into Guide.

Remember that the product is designed to be easy to use and easy to
learn.

If you're an advanced computer user then yes your specific needs would
require more freedom than Guide offers and a different product would
probably be more beneficial. We happily recommend other products to
users as I don't think that any one product can be suited to every user.
The whole idea is to create an affordable package which can benefit
people and assist them in there everyday life. If I know what the
individuals needs are then I happily promote which product on the market
I think is best suited.

Regards Phil.