[access-uk] Re: email authentication?

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:41:09 +0100

Hello Derek,

In basic terms all it means is that the e-mail server wants you to give it
your id and password every time you send mail.  This is exactly what happens
when you want to receive mail.

If you follow the instructions given then this will be done automatically
for you.

There have been a few glitches over the past week or so when it does not
immediately recognise your id. I have found that by pressing <esc> when this
happens it all sorts itself out in time.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home)
john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        or : (work)