[access-uk] Re: email authentication?

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 15:04:33 +0100

Hi Derek,

at the moment the authentication for sending mail is not being enforced by
the mail server; you are being asked to set this up in advance of that
enforcement being switched on. I have seen nothing to indicate when that
will start on any of the news groups I look at.

That is why you can currently send mail without problems. Once it does get
switched on you will be unable to send mail unless your id has been
authenticated as you send that mail.

I can only suggest that you try again. If you follow the links on the e-mail
they sent you to the web page there is some good help on how to do it with
most e-mail clients. You can either let the system do it for you, or, if you
don't want them to do so, then it also gives you keystroke level commands
for doing it your self.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home)
john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx