[access-uk] Windows Media Player

  • From: "Matthew Allbones" <mallbones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:06:26 -0000

Hi list

I have been given an Olympus DS 50  (not my choice) and have spent the
lat week trying to copy audio CDs using Windows Media player, as this
was the instruction in the DS 50's lengthy instructions.

WMP does not seem simple to use, so far I have managed the first and
last CD of an audio book, but the 3 other discs haven't copied.  The
main issue seems to be that the software doesn't offer me an speech to
tell me what it is /has done.

Should I persevere with WMP or should I be looking to use a different
piece of software to do this type of thing?  I have looked at the DS's
software, and this doesn't convert to WMA.

Thanks

Matt

________________________

Matthew Allbones, Community Services Director, Derby CVS, 4 Charnwood
Street, Derby DE1 2GT

Tel (switchboard) :  01332 346266 (DDI) 01332 227721   Website:
www.cvsderby.co.uk

Derby CVS Limited is a registered charity no 1043482 and a company
limited by guarantee number 2994798.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Derby CVS does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  This
email and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the
intended recipient.