[access-uk] Re: Which software

  • From: "Jim" <jwbr33694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:17:27 -0000

Hi Vince,

Many thanks, priceless information as always.

Cheers

Jim

From: "Jim"
To: bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Which software

Hi Lists,

First, apologies for cross posting but I need as many opinions as possible
before making my decisions.

I am looking to have a new computer built in the near future but I need some
views on software to install.

I am currently using Office 2003 and XP Homebut I am not sure whether to
install Office 2010 or 2013 along with Windows  7 or 8.1 on the new machine.

I have shied away from ribbons so far but I have to bow to the inevitable.

Is it too much of a jump from Office 2003 to 2013 or should I try 2010
first?

I keep hearing conflicting reports about Windows 8.1 as to whether its user
friendly for VI users.

I currently use JAWS 13 but have 2 SMA's, 14 and 15 disks available to
install.  I have tried NVDA in the past but couldn't get on with its voice
because of my hearing but I understand there many more choices regarding
voices.

That's enough for now, thoughts please.

Jim Williams