[access-uk] Re: Using Pop3 Email away from home

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:19:36 +0100

Hi Carol

It isn't that I am criticising the Sense as such, it just seems that the
really costly stuff is the gear that gives you the most grief, or doesn't do
what it should when you want it to.  It couldn't even find the network in
the area, far less connect to it, yet I had both my iPhone and iPad Mini up
and running in minutes.  I love Braille and all that, but I certainly won't
take my Sense again next time, it's old technology with a heavy price tag!
(smile).

Anyway, the main thing is that it didn't detract from the fab time I had,
and that's the most important thing about it, good job though!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate

From: Jackie Brown <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Wednesday, 9 April 2014 12.46 pm

> Hi Carol
>
> I stayed at a guest house that had Virgin Media.  I really used it as my
> base to sleep and have breakfast, the rest of the time I was out.  I read
my
> tweets in bed at night, and that was me.  I came home to a backlog, but I
> expected it, and knew that if anyone wanted me urgently, they could leave
> message with Martin, or ring me on my mobile.  I took my BrailleSense as
> well as my iOS devices, but the Sense was the problem for Virgin Media
> altogether, so I put it back in my case and said: "sod you", (smile).
> Everything was brilliant, including Easyjet's assistance and the people at
> the guest house, but it was a piece of Braille technology that let me down
> out of everything! (grins).
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jackie Brown
> Twitter: @thebrownsplace