[access-uk] Re: Using Pop3 Email away from home

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:46:09 +0100

Hi Carol

I stayed at a guest house that had Virgin Media.  I really used it as my
base to sleep and have breakfast, the rest of the time I was out.  I read my
tweets in bed at night, and that was me.  I came home to a backlog, but I
expected it, and knew that if anyone wanted me urgently, they could leave a
message with Martin, or ring me on my mobile.  I took my BrailleSense as
well as my iOS devices, but the Sense was the problem for Virgin Media
altogether, so I put it back in my case and said: "sod you", (smile).
Everything was brilliant, including Easyjet's assistance and the people at
the guest house, but it was a piece of Braille technology that let me down
out of everything! (grins).

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate

From: Jackie Brown <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Tuesday, 8 April 2014 12.24 pm

> Hi Carol
>
> The place where I was staying used Virgin Media, which is similar or the
> same as NTL isn't it?  I have no idea why I couldn't send, but quickly
gave
> it up as a bad job and a waste of precious time I wanted to spend with my
> family and friends.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jackie Brown
> Twitter: @thebrownsplace