[access-uk] Re: The Cobolt colour detector

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:37:45 +0100

Hi, though I've no need of a colour detector, there is plenty of
mention of these  on Blindcooltech as follows:

Talking Colour Detector:

http://tinyurl.com/2extzz

This one mentions the Colorino
Color Teller Review
http://tinyurl.com/23a3la

In fact, if you do a search on 'color' or 'Colbolt' you will find a
few reviews.

HTH.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Jackie - thanks, yes, very helpful; I'll take a look at that
website.
> The
> Cobolt detector doesn't really give much info about stripes as you
say,
> and
> more often than not hedges it's bets by saying 2 colours, one of
which is
> usually "olive green" :] The colorino sounds more useful/accurate.
From
> your
> experience, if you could only choose one, would it be the
colorino? -

> Andy

I like
> the
> | Colorino for smaller items, and for getting more detail out of an
item
> of
> | clothing like embroidery and stripes.  For example, today I've put
on a
> very
> | deep pink top which has a grey stripe down the arms.  The Cobolt
> detector
> | told me it is red, whereas the Colorino says it is intensive pink.
The