[access-uk] Re: TEXTING WITH TALKS

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:36:43 +0100

Hi Ray,

I'd suggest you give it a few goes and decide whether it's for you.  You
may find you have a need which you haven't realised;  on the other hand,
you may well say "Been there . . . done it . . .."

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: HYPERLINK "mailto:carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx"Carol Pearson Re:
TEXTING WITH TALKS

Ray, Hi,

I think the deal is

1)    You don't interrupt people in the same way that a phonecall can do
- they look at the message when they want;  and

2)    We live in a sighted world where texting is "cool" and some people
won't/don't communicate in any other way.  They don't even want to pick
up voice messages . . ..  Texting for them is so much quicker!  Anyway,
I like texting.  I can see why some become addicted.

Maybe this is straying a little from the point of "access to
computerised systems etc", for which I apologise, but I suppose we do
have to see it from others' points of view.