[access-uk] Sky Digital - help please

  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <a.t_roberts02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:16:02 -0000

Hi list,

Is there anyone out there who has Sky Digital, has their audio description
turned on in the services menu and who receives the Sky Sports channels?  If
so, please can you check Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports 4 and confirm whether
you are having problems with the sound?  On Sky Sports 3 there is currently
a football match with no commentary and on Sky Sports 4 there is a rugby
match with no sound at all!  I have, with sighted assistance, turned the AD
off and the sound is then normal.  I have called the Sky Accessibility
helpline and reported this.  They seemed to know nothing about it but said
they would highlight this as a fault for the engineers for me.  If anyone
else can replicate this problem, please can they report it as well?

All the best,

Andrew

database 4864 (20100213) __________