[access-uk] Re: copy and paste

  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <a.t_roberts02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:21:07 -0000

Hi Hussain,

I too have had problems with that desktop.ini file and thanks to another
member on this list I disabled the showing of hidden files and folders.
I've no idea why that file shows itself in the "files to be written to the
CD" section.  I've been reluctant to delete it though because when I
examined its properties it gave its location as
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
and there's no way I want to be deleting a file from there!  Although simply
preventing the hidden files and folders from showing seemed to solve my
problems, I still get problems occasionally.  For example yesterday I
couldn't copy the latest DAISY TV Listings disk onto an SD card for playing
on my BookSense as the copying got so far and then I was advised that one of
the files was corrupt.  However trying to perform the same task on my
Windows XP laptop worked fine.  I really do wish I could sort this as all
other aspects of Windows 7 seem to be working fine for me.

Andrew