[access-uk] Re: Problems with Yahoo Groups

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:20:04 +0100

Hi, I'm sorry to say things really show no sign of improving. Yahoo's
capture provider do audio captures, but Yahoo refuse to do anything sensible
at all. Google do a great audio capture, don't use it as often, and do help
you iff you can't hear it too. Things are only really fine if people can
subscribe and unsub by email and that's all they want to do. I'm lucky
enough to have got my id when I could so I can access more, but without one
you are stuffed. With Google, even setting up an account is straight
forward. In fact, I prefer Freelists to Yahoogroups as well, wish they
weren't just technology lists lol!
Cheers
Dave