[access-uk] Problems with Yahoo Groups

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:04:48 +0100

Hello,

I want to subscribe to a couple of Yahoo groups, but the e-mails that I sent have got no response. So I logged on to the Yahoo groups website, found a link to one of the groups I am interested in and clicked on the "Join this Group" button. This took me to the page to sign up for a Yahoo ID.

Signing up for a Yahoo ID involves the dreaded captcha, but there is an alternative for blind/VI users, which is to send a Help message to Yahoo. I have done this, and the e-mail which I received in reply tells me to phone a number in the U.S.A.!

Has any of you without a Yahoo ID successfully subscribed to a Yahoo group by sending an e-mail request during the last six months? If yes, then I suspect that the problem is caused by my ISP Virgin Media, (formerly NTL). If I have to set up a Yahoo ID, is there an alternative to phoning the States?

I am already a member of two Yahoo groups and can send and receive e-mails to and from them. However, I cannot change settings by e-mail, such as going nomail. This started happening about six months ago. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Christopher