[access-uk] Re: Partition?

  • From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:32:42 +0100

Hi

As already suggested Partition Magic is a nice application but it costs.  It's
worth paying if it is a drive that you are already using.  Even so, they
strongly recommend that you back up all data before making any changes.

On the other hand, if it is a new disk, use fdisk.  It look's like it isn't on
this XP Home installation but it appears to be on a boot up floppy disk, which
I either made when 98 was installed or after I installed XP.

Of course, there's plenty of Linux Live CD's and rescue floppy images that
contain all the disk management tools you are likely to ever need.

Good luck

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk