[access-uk] Re: Windows update problem

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:23:43 +0100

You will find an answer here.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80248011.html

George.

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Catherine
Turner
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 10:06 PM
To: Access-UK
Subject: [access-uk] Windows update problem

Hi,

The last few times I've tried to do a Windows update I've
encountered an
error.  I open Internet Explorer and go to Windows Update
from the tools
menu.  Then I choose the option that says something like
custom/choose from
critical and optional updates.  Then the page says:
[Error number: 0x80248011]

Table with 2 columns and 2 rows
See which updates failed to install
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the
page you are
trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the
problem:
List of 3 items
. Refresh the page.
. In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files
by going to the
Tools menu and clicking Internet Options.
. Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.
list end

If these steps don't work, try visiting the site later or
using the
resources provided below.

There's a link for trying to solve this error yourself but
it just goes to a
pretty general looking help section.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is there another
way I can do a
Windows Update?  I think so from Control Panel somewhere?

Catherine

**
Skype:  darkitude
MSN:  catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx