[access-uk] Re: Online banking with Nat West

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:50:12 +0000

hello catherine.

no, you don't need a card reader to log in. i have been a natwest customer for many years and their website is a lot better and accessible than others i've used. first, they will send you a code in the post that you can use to register for online banking. you go to the website and enter that code, and then you will be asked to fill in various details for security, name, address, date of birth, etc. then they will confirm your account and you should be good to go. barclays are really annoying because you have to have your card reader to hand all the time or memorise your account number and sort code, then a further pass code and memorable word. with natwest, when you log in in future all you'll have to enter is your membership number, and certain digits from the password you set on sign up. when signing up with natwest, they may also ask you for your debit card details, certain numbers etc to confirm its you. if you have trouble obtaining a talking card reader, i may be able to send you a spare one. they should be ok though, they sent me one out when i first signed up, but i now have another one from barclays so just use 1 for both banks. if you need a hand, drop me a note off list and i'd be glad to help.

mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx

all the best,

Mo.

On 17/12/2013 23:40, Catherine Turner wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone here bank online with Nat West, and could you tell me what
their log-on process is, whether you need a talking card reader etc? I
am in the process of opening an account with them and have asked about
this but so far nobody has answered my questions.

Thanks,
Catherine