[access-uk] Re: Olympus Voice Recorders

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 17:00:46 +0100

Mike,

If I am to record I ensure before we start the machine is ready all I need
do is press one button.

I will now try recording on my DN5 counting before I start from 1 to 10, I
will press the record button as I start to say four.

Instant!

As Steve says this model is no longer made, or at least not available, I
suggest have one of the ones Steve mentioned as it will undoubtedly be
better than the DN550.

If you need to pause recording, press record button, you hear two short
bleeps, press again you hear one short bleep it's recording.  I am unaware
if this is in the settings somewhere, but when a recording is paused, after
a fairly short time, you will hear periodic bleeps of about a second's
duration,allerting to the fact the machine is in record-pause mode.  I am
also aware if the machine is left on but doing nothing, after a while it
switches off, I do not know if this happens when in record-pause mode.

I also have the DS475 with most of the same features, no memory card
facility and detachable mikes, if these are removed, there is a rudimentary
mono mic on the machine.

Steve, can you let me know the differences between the one you mentioned and
the DN550?

Thanks.

Colin Howard, by the Lord's  providence has lived at
his present address near Fareham in Southern
England,  since February 1992.