[access-uk] Re: Newspapers and magazines - response from RNIB

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:52:58 +0000

Derek and all,

I think Alison has explained the situation extremely well.  Thank you Alison.

Can we now give her some breathing space and let the subject drop for a little
while please?

George Bell
(Moderator)

From: Richard King <rking689@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 2 April 2014 12.19 pm

> Ian,
> I agree with your sentiments completely. I am a subscriber and have
> enjoyed listening to all my usuals via my Sonata for the past year or
> so, so I hope that this will remain? I too have had no correspondence
> in relation to any changes or indeed any customer opinion/suggestion.
>
> I have never attempted to acces full text versions of my reading
> electronically as I get enough from the audio reader service that I've
> subscribed to but I would love to be able to access these via my smart
> phone as well as Sonata but I don't think that such accessibility is
> available?
> Richard
>
> On 4/2/14, Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well, from my point of view as a customer of the email service, I
think that
> > either this has been handled particularly badly or my news-hound
nose and
> > ears have had a series malfunction.  the first I heard of any of
this was
> > two weeks ago when we were all asked by email to offer our services
as
> > testers of the new service.  Prior to, and following that, I've had
no
> > direct indication from RNIB that the email system was to be ended
> > arbitrarily and suddenly.  Having offered to take part in the
testing, I
> > discovered that I did not have the required password or user name to
get on
> > to the site.  I was given what I understood to be temporary ones for
the new
> > site.  but in the event, I've not had the time to go to the site.
Was there
> > a time when Former Heathfield customers were consulted about the
> > satisfaction with the existing service?  Were we ever told, asked or
> > consulted  about proposed changes?  Were we offered any information
as to
> > the ongoing validity of existing subscriptions and the way these
would work
> > in the future?  I have no memory of any of this happening.  Indeed,
as
> > recently as February I recede information (in print as usual) about
TNAUK
> > Christmas cards for next year.  This is just another example of how
RNIB has
> > ridden rough-shod over its customers and i think it's time they were
brought
> > to account for it.
> >

> > Ian Macrae
> > Editor
> > Disability Now
> > www.disabilitynow.org.uk<httpcc//wwwdddisabilitynowddorgdduk/0Ing
> > follow us @disabilitynow<https://twitter.com/,d;isability,n;ow> -

,f;acebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/,d;isability-,n;ow/44825855188
2688> and

ict@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ict@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > In addition, Nature and New Scientist are still available. Any
editions
> > produced after 1 April will be available via the new website. If you
are
> > looking for issues dated prior to 1 April, they can be obtained
through the
> > NTNM website, as described in the communication issued to all
subscribers.

> > As with any change, we recognise that it may take a little time to
get used
> > to things, and we will endeavour to support you as much as possible
through
> > this transition to a new way of accessing your newspapers and
magazines.

> > Regards
> > Clive Gardiner

Give
> > 'em
> > a break.
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > --
> > Computer Room Services
> > 77 Exeter Close
> > Stevenage
> > Hertfordshire
> > SG1 4PW
> > Tel: 644(0(1438-742286
> > Mob: 644(0(7956-334938
> > Fax: 644(0(1438-759589
> > Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

Its

<thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
> > wrote:
> > I don't quite understand why the newspaper service needed changing.
We

access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> [...]
> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > with the Subject:- faq

> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > with the Subject:- faq

> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > with the Subject:- faq

> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > **
access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > with the Subject:- faq
> >

> > To report this e-mail as Spam, please forward it to:
> > spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> > --
> >
> > RNIB's new website is faster, quicker and easier to find your way
around.
> > Visit now and tell us what you think: http://rnib.in/,ov0;y94
> >
> > --
> >

> > DISCLAIMER:
> >
> > NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments
is
> > confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended
> > recipient you should not use, disclose, distribute or copy any of
the
> > content of it or of any attachment; you are requested to notify the
> > sender immediately of your receipt of the email and then to delete
it
> > and any attachments from your system.
> >
> > RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments generated
by
> > its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants.  However, it
> > cannot accept any responsibility for any  such which are
transmitted.
> > We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
> >
> > Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email
and
> > any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
> > those of RNIB.
> >
> > RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227
> >
> > Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
> >

> > This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted
Security -