[access-uk] New just eat website

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:00:01 +0100

Hi,

I wonder if anyone on here is a member/regular user of http://justeat.co.uk?
Recently they had a total redesign of their website. Since then, it seems that
main part of the website, or rather most important part of the website -
viewing menus and attempting to order food seems to be totally inaccessible
with screenreaders.

For those of you who don't know, just eat is a website that lists restaurants
in your local area. You enter your postcodes and it lists any available
takeaways that deliver to your area and you are able to order food direct from
the website. Once you're a registered member you don't even need to enter your
address.

So ironically most of the newly designed site is even better than the old
style, I can view the restaurants in my area, view previous orders ETC., but
when I click on particular restaurant to view menu and attempt to order,
baisicly after clicking on order food from a particular restaurant button,
latest versions of jaws, windoweyes and system access report no content, no
links, no buttons, nothing. I haven't yet tried this with any sighted person
nor have I tried a sighted person to log on to see what they get, but thought
I'd try here to see if anyone had any experiences with this site. Also I do
wonder if it is an IE8 issue, since that is what I'm using, although it's
strange how everything else on the site works fine, but I guess anything is
possible. Thanks in advance for any help.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://twitter.com/internetking
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx