[access-uk] Re: New and possibly more accessibleway of purchasing goods

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:16:49 +0100

Answers below each question.
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:13:23 +0100, "Spring.flower"
<spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Have never come across such a thing, it sounds good but I have a few
> questions.
>
> You say the machine speaks out the price of the item and if you want it
> you
> put it in the basket, what do you do if you don't want it, and, what's to
> stop you not scanning it and just putting it in the basket?
You just press a button on the screen and it will clear that item.

> Is there a shop assistant with you and how do you manage the touch
> screen?
There would be normally if you ask for it, but I had my university
support worker today to help me. A member of staff could help you guide
your finger to the appropriate part of the screen.

> Also, how does it work out if you've give it enough cash if that's how
> you're paying?

Don't know that one, just the way technology works I guess, <grins>
> Sorry but I'm so totally intrigued.
No problem, I am too!