[access-uk] Re: New and possibly more accessibleway of purchasing goods

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:24:59 +0100

the cash thing is less of a problem than you might expect.  there are
machines in some sainsburys certainly where you can take large amounts of
loose change e.g. that you have saved up in a large pot or jar for years.
you just pour the money in and it gives you back the right amount of change.
I tried it with someone once who had about £300 in loose coppers and it got
within 10 pounds of the right amount, probably nearer than that as it takes
2 percent or so away for charity I believe.

The machine even spat out some foreign coins that had got in there, euros I
think.

I suspect you could use the touch screen with a little sight but otherwise
it may be difficult.  I don't know how much buttons would help, unless there
was more audio information.  The machine could in fact speak all prompts
apart from reading out any information about your card such as a pin that
might be asked for.

Cheers

Graham