[access-uk] Re: Magazines

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:49:24 -0000

Hi Ray and Jackie.

I have read a lot of Braille material and it is nice to have a Braille book.
for a start, if you are reading in bed and fall asleep it is unlikely to get
dammaged when it falls off the bed.  I have had a Braillenote that has
worked well for 5 years and used this, away from the computer to read a lot
of text files.  All the harry potter books were read, the lord of the rings
was read, a couple of james bond books and numerous issues of Which and
Computer Shopper as well as a few Stephen King books and other things too.
It gets used a lot for work as well for writing notes and reading work
related info.  It is used a hell of a lot really and I find it remarkably
comfortable to use for reading.  While reading Braille in a magazine is
great, it generates one hell of a lot of weight for the recycler when it
comes to throw out time where as with the Braillenote I get to both read in
Braille and save space.  I do wish more people could get access to a decent
quality Braille note taker type device as listening to text being read by a
speech synthesiser is not quite the same!

Cheers

Graham

I haven't
Graham Page