[access-uk] Re: Magazines

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:08:31 +0200

Hi Jackie,
I'd love to read the review thanks. The guy who imported the KNFB reader here actually did it through Sight And Sound apparrently, I found that very strange, because I don't understand why he didn't import directly from America, but chose to buy it from the UK instead? Anyway, on the subject of magazines, if you guys want different braille magazines, you can always order from Blind SA as well, as I know there are some people from the UK and Europe who actually do get magazines, so they will send. The English magazines that are available is Imfama, which is mostly about the SANCB, but it also has some very interesting articles about blind people, Braille Trumpet, which is a sort of African news, articles, and Current Affairs thing, Braillorette, which is also about disability and technology and stuff, and Blindaba, which is like a magazine for young blind people, say maybe sort of high school and older, with articles about most things, like sports, entertainment, and it also has Pen Pals page. Some of these magazines you can read online, but I do know that people overseas can get braille coppies. For some reason, you can't read Blindaba and Imfama online, and, Braillorama does have some English, but it's mainly afrikaans. The site with the magazines on is
www.blindsa.org .za
You click on the link that says resources for members, then on the link which says free braille magazines, then on the link for Click on this link to download a digital copy of our magazines. Ari