[access-uk] Re: Laptop not seeming to boot

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:49:21 -0000

Hi all -

Thanks for the suggestions to try and get my laptop up and running again.

Got some help today, and it wouldn't boot because of an improper shutdown
[that I wasn't aware of because I'm still using JFW in 40 min mode, and
speech had stopped] and there was a list of choices on the initial screen to
boot in to safe mode, or to carry on and boot in to Windows, or to do a
repair first then boot. I chose the latter option, and I don't know if
anything was actually repaired ]is there a log perhaps somewhere I could
look at to check] and all is working again!

Thanks again -

Andy