[access-uk] Laptop not seeming to boot

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:50:25 -0000

Hi all

I'm using JFW in 40 min mode on my laptop, and things have been ok until
this morning.

I now can't get the laptop to reboot, when I power on, I get no sound, not
even the Vista tinkle tune, and of course, no JFW to tell me if I'm on the
log on screen

I've tried removing the battery, and I've checked if I've muted sound by
inadvertently touching the touch pads above the function keys, but I don't
seem to have done this, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting to the log on
screen!

I can't get Narrator to run, and usually if I put a cd in the drive, it
would come up playing in WMP, but now the drive just spins up to speed, and
then stops again.

Any ideas please? Oh yes, it is plugged in too <smile> -

Andy