[access-uk] Re: Kindle for PC

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:01:41 +0100

Each book on the Kindle store has a free sample available. The button used to
get the sample is mislabelled for screen readers as "Buy now with 1-Click",
while the visual label for it is "Send sample now". One way to find the button
is to go to the "Try it Free" heading, and then move down to the next button -
this is the one you want.

By the way, if you buy a book by mistake, it is possible to get a refund for (I
believe) the next seven days. You need to go to the Manage Your Kindle page,
and under the Your Kindle Library heading there should be a table. Find the
book you want to get a refund for and following the date on which you bought it
there should be a button labelled Actions which, when clicked, gives a menu of
options, the last of which is Return for refund. I don't know how well this
will work with a screen reader.

Steve