[access-uk] Re: Kindle.

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:17:36 +0000

It is a known issue.  Some publishers switch this feature off  to protect sales
of audio book material.  Amazon also have the power to kill books already
downloaded onto your Kindle remotely which is kind of scary, this happened with
a Stephen King if I recall correctly.  You can only download Amazon books into
it.  Not very helpful but that is what I do know.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General – info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road