[access-uk] Re: Anybody explain how roaming works on mobiles?

  • From: Alfred King <alfredking10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 17:18:57 -0000

Andy roaming means nothing here in the UK.  Roaming costs will depend on
network but they can be very expensive indeed.  If you were going abroad for 3
days maybe you would just go ahead and encure the roaming costs of calls and
texts but where it gets very expensive is in terms of internet and e-mail.
There have been horrendous cases of people who have gone abroad for a couple of
weeks and encurred hundreds of pounds from their service provider when back in
the UK.  I travel to Ireland a lot and when I do I use the Irish Sim for calls,
texts and internet and e-mail.  This way it is much cheaper on a pay as you go
basis.