[access-uk] Re: Anybody explain how roaming works on mobiles?

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 21:45:28 -0000

Hi  Andy
This link bay be of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaming
Regards,  Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of ANDY COLLINS
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:29 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Anybody explain how roaming works on mobiles?

Hi all -

Looking around the T-Mobile website for info on the above, they advise to
turn off Roaming when abroad, so as not to incur charges. They also say that
having Roaming turned on in the UK does not cost. I feel I don't properly
understand about Roaming. What point is there to it in the UK, and when
abroad, if it is on, does it mean that I would get charged whatever is the
going rate in that country?

When abroad, T-Mobile sell up front, waht they call Boosters, which allow so
much data useage, such as 3mb for a quid, that has just a 24 hour life, I
assume this is a better deal than leaving Roaming turned on, using the local
providers? -

Andy