[access-uk] Re: Accessible cooker

  • From: John Wilson <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 13:58:27 +0100

Hello David,

I have had a basic Beko cooker of this type for the last 5 years with no problems. It has 4 raised solid rings of different sizes and power output, a separate grill and oven and the ring knobs have 6 clicking positions. The rings heat up quickly and can be turned down very low. The grill and oven knobs do not click but a couple of bump-ons can be used to mark main heat ratings.

This cooker is a Beko D532, if you can still ge them. I just had a quick look on Ebay and found no D532s but there was a D533 which seems to be the same as my D532, so what the difference is I don't know. It costs £275 inc postage. It's at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEKO-D533AS-50cm-TWIN-CAVITY-ELEC-COOKER-01-/371112837740?hash=item56680c826c

Try Argos, curries, etc, to check for others plus Google.

HTH,
John.

On 04/10/2015 22:55, David Griffith wrote:

My electric double oven /grill cooker with 4 rings had the main Oven die last week.

This and various other more minor problems including one of the rings not working properly and bad sealing means that I am probably going to have to invest in a new cooker as this model is definately on its last legs.

I wonder if anybody could recommend a cooker with a similar specification which would be usable by a blind person without sight. My current old cooker has clickable dials so something similar would be preferable to anything relying on a touch screen. I would also need to be able to feel the hob rings so that I can centre saucepans properly on them.
Many thanks

David Griffith