[access-uk] Accessible cooker

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 22:55:20 +0100

My electric double oven /grill cooker with 4 rings had the main Oven die last week.

This and various other more minor problems including one of the rings not working properly and bad sealing means that I am probably going to have to invest in a new cooker as this model is definately on its last legs.

I wonder if anybody could recommend a cooker with a similar specification which would be usable by a blind person without sight. My current old cooker has clickable dials so something similar would be preferable to anything relying on a touch screen. I would also need to be able to feel the hob rings so that I can centre saucepans properly on them.
Many thanks

David Griffith