[access-uk] Re: Abbey on-line banking

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:07:03 -0000

Hello Maureen,

I use Abbey online banking and this is the first I've heard of this security measure. I use Talks on my Nokia N91 so text messages are no problem.

I have noticed more shopping sites are using Abbey Secure and before the transaction is complete you are directed to a page where you enter your username and password which you can set up on Abbey's site.

As for talking mobiles, you have the choice of either Mobile Speak or Talks and Zooms for your screen reader. Talks and Zooms is now licensed as one package and costs £150 for a new license, which is tied to your phone's IMEI number. The more expensive option is a SIM license. I cannot remember the price for this, but it means you don't have to upgrade your license when you change phones. Also, you need to check which phones work with either screen reader, mostly the Nokia models, and some of the newer ones are not yet fully supported.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett

08:10:00