[access-uk] Re: AVG AntiVirus

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:06:44 -0000

Hi Theresa,

Do you have Zone Alarm installed?

I picked up the following through Google.

George.

After using AVG Free successfully for some time I recently
experienced the above error condition being displayed on a
separate panel, and an Yellow Error symbol at the bottom of
the screen. The full message is - The server responded with
an error. Account 'pop.ntlworld.com'.Server
'pop.ntlworld.com' Protocol POP3.Server response '-ERR AVG
POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server. Port
110, Secure(SSL): 0x800CCC90. Error Number:0x800CCC90.

I have removed earlier version of AVG and installed latest
AVG 7.1.362 with no effect and have Zone Alarm Firewall
installed, on my Windows XP Home SP2 edition, on a Broadband
set-up (recently changed from dial-up).

<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,53815,53815,ba
ckpage=8,sv=#REPLY> *Quote This Message
<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,53815,53815,qu
ote=1,backpage=8,sv=#REPLY>
Re: Server Error 0x800ccc90
Posted by: rdsok
<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/profile.php?3,15418>  -
Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: November 4, 2005 11:50PM

ZoneAlarm is very bad about this when there is an AVG
program update... remove the AVG permissions you currently
have and then add them back in. You may need to refer to the
Firewall Settings for AVG
<http://free.grisoft.cz/softw/70free/doc/avg_free_firewall_i
nstall_en_70_4.pdf>  to see what need removed and then added
back in.

<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,53815,53819,ba
ckpage=8,sv=#REPLY> *Quote This Message
<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?3,53815,53819,qu
ote=1,backpage=8,sv=#REPLY>
Re: Server Error 0x800ccc90
Posted by: tommy-h
<http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/profile.php?3,1158406>
(IP Logged)
Date: November 6, 2005 09:35PM

Apologies for delay. I changed permissions for AVG on Zone
Alarm as you suggest and now I am getting my e-mails OK.
Many Thanks for your help