[access-uk] Re: ADDING SPEECH TO DAB RADIOS

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:55:50 +0100

Yes Ian, I appreciate that.  I do not know if Pure will take up
the challenge, but it strikes me that their range of gear -
tuners and radios - would be a good choice for reasons already
stated.  The tuners from this firm are particularly good in that
they have 99 presets.

Very quick thoughts on priorities:

1.  Feedback voice to be separate from audio output of tuner -
separate speaker.

2.  Ability to turn on/off information voice.

3.  Anouncment of station name.

4.  Anoucement of scrolling info. i.e. name of music or prgram
going out if available.

Maybe some audible confirmation that scvanning is in progress
when setting up or rescanning.  Would be very useful if speech
output could anouncce what new stations have been found.

Sure I haven't been very thorough here, but I'm in a hurry.

HTH
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx