[access-uk] Re: A Winamp Question

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:46:49 +0100

Sharon,

I haven't heard of a dvd playing input pluggin for winamp, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just haven't heard of it.

I'm only just getting in to this type of stuff, so I am using vlc video player. it's free, and at first glance looks like it will do what I want. A second glance may yield a different prognosis though. Power dvd will do what you want, it's a bit of a wrestle, but I happen to know that my wife has a list of short-cut keys for that program.

It's nice to have 1 program access as varied range of stuff as possible, particularly winamp which has first rate keyboard short-cuts, and you can do so much with it either in paid mode, about 14 quid, or normal, which is free.

There is also a winamp for the blind list, a most useful knowledge base. Can't recall who runs it, might be yahoogroups, so perhaps you might take a look their.

Happy watching.

Cheers,

Joe

At 12:04 18/09/2005, you wrote:
Hi,

I am fairly new to winamp, and just wondered if it was possible to play DVD's using it.

I tried last night, by inserting the DVD into the drive and pressing play in Winamp, but all I got was a funny noise as if the speakers were going to blow up.

I am having problems playing DVD's, i.e. choosing what I want to play or selecting play all, etc, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sharon