[access-uk] Re: A PROBLEM WITH USB STORAGE DEVICE

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:41:35 +0100

Hi Carol,

Safely remove Hardware is doing exactly what it says on the
tin. It is for totally removing the device. That said, if
you then physically remove it, wait a second or two, and
plug it back in, it should be there, but........

What you should be using is "Eject Card" or something
similar.  Unfortunately I don't have my own card reader
handy to go through the precise details, but from My
Computer, if you right click on the drive, the option should
be there.  If it does happen to be writing to the device at
the time, you will get a warning message.

George.