[access-uk] Re: A Decent Looking Metal Braille or talking Watch: Is there such a thing?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 21:58:55 +0100

hello Sandra.

Yes, many thanks! i had checked cobolt a few months back but must've missed that one. to be fair, i wasn't looking very hard as i was too busy trying to find a braille watch. what i hate about talking watches is if you're in a meeting, you can't check the time discretely! you immediately make it obvious that you're bored and you'd rather make a hasty exit stage left, but i guess in this situation i'll have to cut my losses and by the talking watch. i suppose i should be glad at that price that it has a male voice, though £35 for a watch without stop watch function and multiple alarms seems a tad expensive. I'll stop moaning now, its just annoying that the sited have so much more choice, and that just because we're blind, we practically have to spend £100 or more to buy a decent good looking braille watch! it may as well be designer!

all the best and thanks for reading,

Mo.

On 05/06/2013 18:27, whizza wrote:
Hi Mo,
Have a look at the Gents' calendar talking watch, W22, from Cobolt Systems. That's a metal watch in either gold or chrome and it's most definitely a mail voice. It comes with a strap or an expanding bracelett so you can choose. If you catch Cobolt on a good day, they might even give you a sample over the phone, presuming there isn't one on the website, which there well might be as they do have a lot of the samples for their products. You certainly didn't offend this female; the talking watches with female voices are dreadful and I would never have one.
Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,
Sandra.